43cm x 36cm
sketch on paper
Artwork is in U.S.
I convey both personal hope for stepping into 2021 and the bewilderment at the disproportionate landscape in this micron pen composition, displaying an visual experience so intimate yet remote. The woman figure represents mother earth, who took a fall from the deadly virus in the past year; she is illustrated as dreadful and feeble, sinking into a quagmire of despond. However, at the bottom left of the canvas, her legs reappear in the clear as a symbol of alacrity to move onward.
Online Charity Auction of Artworks from 2021 Artopia International Youth Art Contest
Proceeds will be donated to Richmond Hospital Foundation.
Presented by Vancouver Artopia Youth Society
Auction starts: August 21, 2021 4:30 PM (Vancouver Time)
Auction ends: August 21, 2021 8:30 PM (Vancouver Time)
1. Artworks are subject to GST (5%) and PST (7%).
2. Images and text are for reference only.
3. All sales are final in this auction.
1) Items you have won will appear in My Account – My Auctions.
2) Please check out with a credit card or via PayPal. Winners are required to make payments within two business days after the auction ends.
3) If you wish to pay with Alipay or WeChat Pay, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-285-9975 during Mon – Fri 10am – 5pm.
5. Order Confirmation
After the payment is successful, you will receive an Order Number and confirmation email.
6. Pick up
1) Please choose Local Pick Up only at check out.
2) Order Number or order confirmation email and a photo ID are required at pick up.
3) Pick up location: YKLM Auctions, 4211 No. 3 Road Richmond, BC V6X 2C3 (604) 285-9975.
Free parking is located on the south side of the building.
By public transit: Canada Line Aberdeen Station.
Artworks produced outside of Canada cannot be picked up at this location. Please contact Vancouver Artopia Youth Society (email@example.com) regarding delivery.
4) Written authorizations are required for third-party pick ups.
8. Vancouver Artopia Youth Society has the final interpretation regarding the auction.